Are you trying to listen in on Zoom meetings without the distraction of background noise? If so, AirPods are an excellent choice! AirPods provide a great way to keep your calls private and free from outside distractions, whether you’re working remotely or attending online classes. Even if you just want to listen in on conversations with friends. AirPods can help you hear more clearly and comfortably during Zoom calls.
I was not an Airpods user before, but after using them for communication purposes, I have found that they provide great audio quality. To use AirPods on Zoom, you will need to make sure your AirPods are connected to your device and then set the audio settings in the Zoom app correctly. This guide will show you how to hear Zoom through AirPods. We’ll also discuss some tips for optimizing your audio experience with AirPods. So if you’re ready to get started, let’s jump right in!
How to Connect AirPods to Zoom
To use Zoom with your Apple AirPods, first, adjust the earphones in Zoom’s speaker and microphone settings. Zoom has distinct Speaker and microphone device settings. . Your Speaker will enable you to hear Audio from the call, and your microphone will allow you to communicate with other attendees.
Here are a few steps which will guide you on how to connect your Airpods to Zoom:
- Open the Zoom app.
- Go to Settings.
- In the left menu, click Audio.
- Under Speaker, there will be a couple of different options for your AirPods.
- From the drop-down menu, select Headset. (If you choose “Headphones” instead of “Headset,” the microphone on your AirPods will not work correctly.)
- Under microphone, choose Headset if you want to use your AirPods as a mic.
Now you can start your Zoom meeting and make sure you can hear the other participants clearly.
How to Connect USB Mic to Zoom
There are a few things to consider when deciding whether to use a USB microphone for Zoom meetings. Some factors to consider include the following. USB microphones will often provide better sound quality than a built-in microphone or AirPods. This can be important if you are trying to participate in a meeting or conference call and need to be able to hear clearly.
Follow the guideline below to know how to connect the USB mic:
- Open the Speaker drop-down menu.
- Select Headphones.
- Open the Microphone drop-down menu.
- Select the name of your USB microphone.
- Click Test Mic to make sure you can hear the sound of your voice.
Now you can easily communicate during your Zoom meeting with the help of a USB microphone.
How to Connect AirPods to Zoom on Mac
Connecting your AirPods to Zoom meetings on a Mac is the same as it is on a PC. Before you begin, unplug your AirPods from any other devices that are linked to them. You may suffer connection troubles if your headphones are attached to more than one device.
Follow these steps:
- Connect your Macbook to your AirPods.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click the Bluetooth icon to ensure your AirPods are on the list of connected devices.
- Open the Zoom app.
- Select Audio.
- Choose your AirPods under Speaker and Microphone.
To allow Zoom access to your microphone, you must first check that the relevant permissions have been configured on your Mac. The macOS will now prompt you to grant Zoom permission to utilize your microphone. Zoom will be unable to access your microphone unless these permissions are granted. To do so, go to your operating system’s permissions and grant Zoom access to your microphone.
Here’s how to access your microphone permissions:
- Select the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Security & Privacy.
- Navigate to the Privacy tab.
- To unlock the settings changes, click the lock icon.
- Choose the Microphone.
- To allow the software to use your mic, tick the Zoom checkbox.
How To Test Your AirPods For a Zoom Call
Before joining a conversation, callers may test their audio equipment to confirm that everything is operating properly. A pop-up will display when you click the link to join a Zoom call.
- Click the Join with Computer Audio button.
- Click the Test speaker and microphone underneath to make sure that your AirPods are working with Zoom.
- To test the Speaker, Zoom will play a ringtone.
- If you hear the ringtone, you know your AirPods are working correctly.
- If you don’t hear the tone, click No, and Zoom will try another device.
- Continue to press No until you hear the tone through your AirPods.
If this takes too long, you may find it quicker to access the drop-down menu and choose your AirPods without having to cycle through any other devices.
- Once you’ve tested your Speaker, Zoom will prompt you to speak into your mic.
- Wait for the playback of what you just said.
- Press No and speak again if you do not hear the playback.
- Listen until you hear the replay.
By following these simple steps, you can easily ensure that how to hear zoom through Airpods and be heard in your Zoom meetings. Whether you are using AirPods or a USB mic, make sure to adjust the audio settings in the Zoom app so that everyone can participate in the conversation.
If you have trouble hearing people on Zoom calls, there are a few things you can do to improve the situation. Despite a few complaints about the design and price, AirPods have become one of the most popular audio accessories on the market. If you’re a Zoom user, you may be wondering how to best use your AirPods for video calls. In this article, we’ll show you how to hear Zoom through your AirPods so that you can take advantage of all the features that these little earbuds have to offer.